Currently, we have no vacancies on our Board of Trustees, however we are always collecting applications from interested individuals. These applications are regularly renewed and interested parties may be contacted when openings arise. You may drop off your application at the library, or email it to email@example.com. Questions are also welcomed at that email address.
In order to provide quality library service to our community, the Clinton Community Library requires a working team of a Library Director and a Board of Trustees who are informed and make the necessary decisions. The Library Board is composed of up to 9 Trustees who serve a term of 3 years. Trustees set library policy, advocate for the library, and help steer the library toward the future.
Prospective Trustees are expected to:
- Commit the time that is necessary to carry out the duties of a Trustee. This includes time to become and stay knowledgeable about public library issues, to attend Board meetings, and to carry out Board assignments.
- Be genuinely interested in public libraries and understand the importance of public libraries in meeting the educational, recreational, and informational needs of the community.
- Understand the local community, its social and cultural needs, and be willing to communicate those needs to the Board.
- Be able to work with others to reach a common goal.
- Be open-minded, intellectually curious, respectful of the opinions of others, and seek to provide equal library service to all.