OverDrive is a free service offered by your library that lets you borrow digital content (ebooks & eaudiobooks) anytime, anywhere. All you need to get started is your library card number and PIN!
Why read ebooks or audiobooks?
- You do not incur any late fees or fines. Books automatically get returned on their due date.
- You can have many e-books & audiobooks available to you at all times–but only carry one device.
- You can adjust the font size: every book can be “large print”!
- You can enable Dyslexic font, an option that is designed to make text easier to read for dyslexic users.
- You can read hands-free: listen to an audiobook while you work out, cook, bake–you get the point!
Overdrive features include:
- Reading recommendations based on books you select
- The ability to recommend an e-book or e-audiobook for purchase
Have a book at your fingertips, no matter where you are. Visit the Mid-Hudson Library System’s Overdrive page or download the app on your e-reader, tablet, or phone.
Want a better reading experience? Try the Libby app by Overdrive. Both Libby and Overdrive let you borrow the same free digital content from your library. However, Libby was designed to make finding, borrowing, and enjoying free ebooks and audiobooks easier than ever.
- Integrated reading and listening experience
- Book series information
- Support for ebook highlights and annotations
- Dsylexic font
- Custom lists for tagging books you love, want to read, and more
Visit https://libbyapp.com/ to get started reading on your browser or download the app on your mobile device.