The global spread of COVID-19 is a rapidly-evolving situation. Clinton Community Library wants to keep our patrons informed about the virus, as well as preventative measures the Library is taking in response. Check this page for the latest updates from trusted resources, as well as any potential changes to Library programs and services.
Updated: March 23, 2020
In light of Dutchess County declaring a State of Emergency on March 13, 2020 and the ensuing closures of public spaces, as well as Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s Executive Order effective March 22, 2020 the Clinton Community Library will be temporarily closed until it is safe to re-open. Our physical location is closed, but we are still offering support and online services:
- No fines will accrue while the library is closed.
- We have been regularly posting all kinds of information on our Facebook page including local updates, free online classes and events, and articles of interest.
- Any library cards due to expire through April 1st have been automatically renewed until June 1st in order to give you continued access to our online resources.
- We also now offer “Instant Cards” on our website. You may self-register for a temporary card that is good for 60 days. It will allow you to take advance of all CCL’s e-resources.
One last thing, we ask that if possible you do NOT return items in outside dropbox. If possible, please keep them at home and return them once we re-open. Please feel free to reach out to via email with any requests for information or resources, general questions, or concerns about your account (or if you just want to say hello!): firstname.lastname@example.org. CCL staff definitely misses you all, and we hope you are well and healthy.
As of 3/15, the following programs have been canceled:
- Library is CLOSED 3/16-3/29
- March 14: Contra Dance
- Ongoing programs: Chair Yoga, Tai Chi, Flow & Restore Yoga, All-Level Yoga, Fiber Arts, Mah Jongg, Story Time, PM Playtime
- March 27: Open Mic night
- April 10: Concert
- April 11: Challenging Contra Dance and regular Contra Dance
As of 3/13, the following programs have been postponed, with new dates to be announced:
- March 20: Film & Discussion: Who Owns the Past?
- March 21: Ancram Opera House Storytellers
- March 27: Lunch & Learn: Eleanor Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, and National Educational Television
- April 3: Intro to Ballroom and Latin Dancing
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website or the New York State Department of Health website for the latest guidance on virus prevention. To protect yourself and our community, the Dutchess County Department of Behavioral & Community Health suggests all residents:
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, paying special attention to fingernails and between fingers.
- If soap and water is not easily accessible, use hand sanitizer that is 60–90% alcohol-based.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Limit contact such as handshakes or high-fives.
- When possible, practice “social distancing” by remaining three to six feet from other people.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well, especially if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
CDC Coronavirus page:
NYS Dept. of Health Coronavirus page:
Dutchess County Dept. of Health Coronavirus page:
World Health Organization (WHO):
Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center: