Title: Programming Coordinator (Part-Time)
Location: Clinton Community Library, 1215 Centre Road, Rhinebeck, NY (Town of Clinton)
Position: Part-time, 18-24 hours/week including Saturdays (9-1) and occasional evenings.
The Clinton Community Library seeks a creative, energetic, and detail-oriented individual to join its team as a Programming Coordinator. The coordinator will oversee all aspects of library programs. While the focus will be on adult and teen programming, he/she will also be expected to assist with children’s programming. Additionally, the coordinator will support marketing, and public relations outreach, with primary responsibility for updating our website/events calendar and maintaining the library’s social media presence.
- Planning, promoting, and implementing programs for adults and teens and assisting with programming for elementary-aged children.
- Providing departmental information for the director’s monthly report.
- Maintaining library website and events calendar as well as the library’s social media presence
- Managing online public information calendars, news media postings, and writing and distributing press releases andevent alerts
- Sending weekly subscriber e-newsletters, and event-specific email blasts
- Providing reference and readers’advisory when needed.
- Assisting with circulation and other library functions as necessary.
- Excellent working knowledge of computers, mobile devices, and e-readers.
- Strong level of comfort with Microsoft Word & Excel. Familiarity with WordPress, MailChimp, and Canva is preferred.
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic about working with the public and providing exceptional customer service
Prior experience in marketing, public relations, or public libraries is helpful, but not required
Instructions to Applicants
Interested individuals should email their resume and letter of interest to Carol Bancroft at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Programming Coordinator Position” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.